Automotive – Tyre Servicing Technology Certificate II (12 months)
Due to a high work demand within the repair & maintenance component of the business, a full-time position exists for a Trainee Tyre Fitter.
No experience in automotive is required, just the right attitude and eagerness to learn. All necessary training will be provided.
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of tasks related to servicing tyres of light vehicles, heavy vehicles, agricultural vehicles, earthmoving and off-road vehicles.
The Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology prepares new employees for a long-term career within the service and repair function of the business. The candidate will engage in both hands-on learning and theory practices throughout the 12-month training period.
This role would suit an individual who is happy to work in a small team, with a mentor and mentee structure. However, an ability to work effectively & efficiently autonomously is also crucial to the role.
Work hours will be varied depending on the servicing schedule, but will typically be worked Monday – Friday. If required, weekend work, or day & night shift work may be necessary. Above award remuneration on offer, including a generous overtime scheme.
The ideal candidate will be naturally hard-working, physically fit, & have an eye for detail.
To be successful you will:
• Be a confident communicator
• Be able to undertake manual/physical work
• Be motivated with a genuine interest in the industry
• Be trustworthy and reliable
• Be committed to the full term of the traineeship
• Have good manual handling techniques and safety focus
• Have the ability to work with hand tools
• Have the ability to read and interpret technical information
• A current driver’s licence is preferable
If you are keen to take on a new challenge and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, please submit your application via our website, no later than Thursday 4th November, 2021.