Automotive – Mobile Plant Technology Certificate III (4 years), + bridging year into Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
We are offering two (2) exciting full-time apprenticeship opportunities for motivated individuals with an interest in gaining “hands on” work experience and technical training as a Heavy Diesel Mechanical Apprentice.
You will acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to complete the apprenticeship, together with a view to establishing a career in the mechanical industry.
The successful candidates will initially complete a Certificate III Mobile Plant Technology qualification over 4 years, followed by completion of relevant units from the Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology qualification. This will be completed through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience, resulting in a dual qualification for both heavy truck and plant mechanical work.
We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential. Your role will expose you to various industry related tasks, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Typical duties of apprentices include:
- Apply principles of WHS in the work environment.
- Carry out general maintenance and repairs on plant, trucks and crushing equipment
- Work both at the Carrick Workshop and on various civil and mining sites
- Assist qualified tradesmen
This position will require work on a rotating shift-work roster, working day & afternoon shifts, therefore a driver’s licence would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a confident communicator
• Be able to undertake manual/physical work
• Be motivated with a genuine interest in the industry
• Be trustworthy and reliable
• Have a high level of attention to detail
• Be committed to the full term of the apprenticeship
• Possess a sound aptitude in mathematics and science subjects
• Have good manual handling techniques and safety focus
• Have the ability to work with hand tools
• Have the ability to read and interpret technical information
• A current driver’s licence is preferable
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application via our website, no later than Thursday 4th November, 2021.