Carpentry Certificate III (4 years)
We have a full-time apprenticeship opportunity on offer for a motivated individual with an interest in the Building & Construction Industry.
You will acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to complete a carpentry apprenticeship, together with a view to establishing a career within the building & maintenance component of the business.
The role will provide you with in-depth training relevant to the industry; from setting out, constructing wall and ceiling frames, to pitching roofs and installing windows and doors. The role will focus on both residential, commercial, & civil construction type works.
The role will require a hardworking, disciplined applicant who can work long hours. This junior position will offer a wealth of knowledge to build a foundation for an aspiring tradesman
We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential. Therefore, this role would suit an individual who is happy to work in a small team, with a mentor and mentee structure.
Work hours will be varied depending on the building & maintenance schedule, but will typically be worked between 7am and 5pm, Monday – Friday. Overtime, including weekend work may be necessary. Above award remuneration on offer, including a generous overtime scheme.
Travel between multiple locations within Goulburn & the surrounding region, is a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate;
- Must have a genuine desire to work in construction
- Enjoy hands on work and problem solving
- Have high attention to detail
- Have basic hand tools
- Be a quick learner who can follow directions
- Be extremely reliable, motivated & handle a fast paced, physical environment
- Be tenacious and persistent
- Strong time management skills and communication skills
- Must hold a White Card (or be willing to obtain)
- A valid driver’s licence is preferred
- Work experience in construction or with a builder is desirable
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application via our website, no later than Thursday 4th November, 2021.