Engineering – Fabrication Trade Certificate III (4 years)
Looking for a lifestyle change or your first full-time job? We may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Due to a high work demand within the repair & maintenance component of the business, a full-time position exists for a boilermaker apprentice.
No experience in engineering fabrication is required, just the right attitude and eagerness to learn. All necessary training will be provided. Candidates that have already commenced this trade, will also be considered.
You will acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to complete the apprenticeship, together with a view to establishing a career in the mechanical & fabrication industries.
In this role you will learn to;
- Weld/fabricate components
- Study blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements
- Assist the storeman with stock inventory
- Carry out general boilermaking duties
- Operate related manufacturing machinery and tools
- Maintain cleanliness of fabrication work
- Compile material lists for all jobs and/or part orders completed.
The role will require a hardworking, disciplined applicant who can work long hours. This junior position will offer a wealth of knowledge to build a foundation for an aspiring tradesman.
We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential. Therefore, this role would suit an individual who is happy to work in a small team, with a mentor and mentee structure.
This position will require work on a rotating shift-work roster, working day & afternoon shifts, therefore a driver’s licence would be an advantage.
The successful candidate;
- Must have a genuine desire to work in engineering fabrication
- Enjoy hands on work and problem solving
- Have high attention to detail
- Have basic hand tools
- Be a quick learner who can follow directions
- Be extremely reliable, motivated & handle a fast paced, physical environment
- Be tenacious and persistent
- Strong time management skills and communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application via our website, no later than Thursday 4th November, 2021.