Workplace Trainer & Assessor
Divall’s Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage, Goulburn, is a family-owned & operated business, and has a position vacant within their dynamic team, for an experienced Workplace Trainer & Assessor.
The successful applicant will have had previous relevant industry experience, ideally from a Civil Construction background, and will have a proven ability to assess individuals to ensure they carry out exacting work practices on a multitude of heavy plant, vehicles, and equipment.
The role will entail both office and site-based work, requiring travel to and from various locations within the local area.
Working as part of a small team, this role will play a critical part in delivering quality training programs to employees across our earthmoving and bulk haulage operations. You will enjoy working in a close-knit team environment with the benefits of being part of a larger Divall’s Group family.
The position may suit a person at their career stage where he/she is seeking to move from operational physical duties to sharing his/her experiences in a training environment.
Our Workplace Trainer and Assessor will possess strong communication and presentation skills coupled with a desire to learn and help grow our training initiatives. You will be self-motivated, a natural problem solver, and have strong time management and organisation skills to deliver quality training programs.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Training Manager, who has 30+ years of experience in the Civil Construction and Transport Industries and will provide any necessary mentorship requirements.
Essential criteria for success!
- Current Certificate IV in Training & Assessment TAE40116 or equivalent;
- Experience in working within the Construction, Mining or Transport Sectors;
- Relevant competencies applicable to training programs being delivered;
- Demonstrated vocational experience applicable to the training program being delivered;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to organise and control own workload;
- An ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels;
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Competent knowledge of ASQA requirements for training and assessing;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Current driver licence.
Experience in the following areas will be highly regarded:
- Civil construction
- Bulk Haulage
Attractive remuneration package, including company vehicle, & generous overtime scheme on offer for the successful applicant.
Applications, including qualifications, work history, & 2 x references, should be forwarded by Friday, 23rd April 2021, to the firstname.lastname@example.org