DIVALL’S EARTHMOVING & BULK HAULAGE is a civil engineering and bulk haulage company specialising in equipment hire, earthmoving, quarrying, and haulage.
Due to a high work demand within the Civil component of the business, a full-time position exists for a Geotechnical Engineer/Civil Engineer with a minimum of 12 months of civil experience.
If you are looking for a country lifestyle with a city salary, only 2hrs from Sydney and 1hr from the Nation’s Capital, then come and join the team at Divall’s.
The role will entail both office and site-based work, requiring travel to and from various locations within the local area.
You will possess strong communication and presentation skills coupled with a desire to learn and help grow our civil initiatives. You will be self-motivated, a natural problem solver, and have strong time management and organisation skills.
Your ‘average’ day at Divall’s will see you create, implement and maintain quality control procedures for quarry compliance, including technical specifications; provide assistance to the engineering team, on pricing and execution of works; carry out geotechnical results analysis for a variety of materials and testing methods; provide training to other staff members on geotechnical applications; and be an all-round team player by assisting the civil operations team with the interpretation of geotechnical data. It’s too interesting not to share!
Essential criteria for success!
- Formal engineering qualification or equivalent experience;
- Experience in working within the civil construction, mining or transport sectors;
- Experience with laboratory & earthworks testing;
- Knowledge of soil mechanics;
- Geotech investigation experience;
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards and specifications for civil projects and quarry compliance;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to organise and control own workload;
- An ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels;
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Current driver licence.
Attractive remuneration package, including company vehicle, on offer for the successful applicant.
Applications, including qualifications, work history, & 2 x references, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR, Apply Online: